Riders who don’t want to compete at competitions can get a basic membership (that includes an insurance) at a club that is affiliated with Paardensport Vlaanderen. You pay your membership at the club which enters your membership at the online application.
Licence to compete in Belgium
Riders who want to compete in Belgium have 2 possibilities:
- You get a guest license for every competition that you want to enter. This guest license costs 50 or 100 euros (depending on the discipline and the level you want to enter). For information about a guest license, please contact the responsible of the discipline. See contact.
- Foreign riders can also take an annual licence at Paardensport Vlaanderen.
- First of all the rider needs to be a member of a club that is affiliated with Paardensport Vlaanderen. To find a club, see here.
- Your club will give you a license number. With this license number you can fill in the online application form to get a competitive licence.
- Don’t forget that you’ll need to send a riding permission of your national equestrian federation that states that you can compete in Belgium to email@example.com.
After we received your online application and the riding permission, we will transfer the licence and send you an invoice via e-mail. When the licence is paid, you can enter at shows in Belgium.
Riders who already have had a competitive licence at Paardensport Vlaanderen can renew their licence online by logging in at Equibel. The payment is done online and the licence is immediately active.
Immatriculation of the horses
Horses can compete from the age of 4 years old. Extra age-exceptions are included in the rules of the discipline you want to compete at.
A horse need to have a correct immatriculation or registration. More info about the immatriculation of your horse you can find at Equibel.
Horses need to be vaccinated properly according to the veterinary medical regulations. The Belgian Confideration of the Horses (= BCP) also imposes some conditions of registration for horses based in Belgium.